World Trade Online is an online news service for subscribers to Inside U.S. Trade. Access to World Trade Online's full range of services is through payment of an online access fee. Access is controlled with a user name and password. Some of the features of World Trade Online include:
- Daily News - Exclusive breaking news stories and investigative reporting posted throughout the day;
- Inside U.S. Trade Electronic Access - Instant online access to the weekly Inside U.S. Trade newsletter with a Friday morning email alerting you to the latest issue;
- Multi-year archive of back issues - Access all the back issues of Inside U.S. Trade as far back as 1993.
- Documents - A database library comprising over 100,000 valuable trade-related documents selected by our editors including policy papers, WTO decisions, draft and final regulations, court decisions, legislation and much more;
- Around the World - News from the USA, the Western Hemisphere, Europe & Africa, Asia & the Pacific as well as all of the major international organizations.
- News on the WTO - The Doha Round, Dispute Settlement, Trade Council and Goods, Committee Decisions & Notifications, Accession, plus other important news.
- FTA Central - Free Trade Agreements in Negotiation and FTAs in Effect.
- Trade News in Focus - Background documents on the major news issues of the day, currently including the TPP, the U.S.-EU Export Trade Agreement, and Export Controls, with news subjects added as they occur.
- 'This Week In Trade' - An editorial weekly email report with the most important news of the week.
The Company Behind World Trade Online
World Trade Online is a product of Inside Washington Publishers, which for almost 30 years has provided exclusive, relevant news about the federal policymaking process, to professionals who have a need to know about the process. It has groups of news services covering environment, defense, international trade, health care, and energy.
The company has about 90 employees, 75 of whom are involved in the editorial process. Its principal offices are in the Washington DC area. You can contact the company in various ways:
1919 South Eads Street
Arlington, VA 22202
1-800-424-9068 or 703-416-8505
Accessing World Trade Online
Access to World Trade Online is available only to subscribers of Inside U.S. Trade. Access is by IP recognition or by user name and password only and is non-transferable without permission of the publisher. All subscribers will continue to receive a printed copy of Inside U.S. Trade, delivered in the traditional manner.
Access to the site is governed by our general Terms and Conditions and specific conditions associated with approval to log on.
The service provided by World Trade Online is governed by the payment of an online access fee and conditions associated with it. Following are the pricing categories (all fees are in addition to the price of an underlying subscription to Inside U.S. Trade which is currently $1180 in the U.S. and Canada, USD $1220 elsewhere):
- Standard License. $600 a year. Allows up to four individuals with authorized access. By four individuals we mean four specific people, not a changing or changeable group of four. All four authorized users must be in the same physical location and part of the same functional group.
- Site Licenses. If the standard license does not fit your needs, case-by-case negotiation of site licenses will apply.
Specific terms and conditions may apply to access. For example, a location generally is defined as a street address. But there may be instances where the size of an office served by a street address (such as at a government agency or large corporate office) is deemed too large to be considered a single location. In these instances, other definitions will apply - such as a specific office or department within an organization.
World Trade Online can be accessed from any recent web browser ( Internet Explorer 6.x or above, Firefox 2.x or above, or Opera 9.x or above). The only additional software that most users may require is a copy of Adobe's Acrobat Reader software, which can be downloaded at no charge from www.adobe.com. Printable copies of Inside U.S. Trade are prepared using Adobe Acrobat, in order to retain the original look of the paper copy.
World Trade Online maintains a customer-service department that can help answer most questions that you may have about your account. When you are experiencing technical problems or have editorial questions, our customer-service representatives also can help you get answers quickly and efficiently.
Terms And Conditions
Access to World Trade Online is governed by a general set of Terms and Conditions and specific conditions and permissions governed by individual circumstances.